Sunday, January 20, 2013

Dark Fairy Brittany

How about some Halloween?  Or at least, some dark magic to counteract the sweet Valentines theme?  At least it's purple so the color scheme works well with the season.  He he he.  This was actually an image I was able to color over the winter break and was finally able to get it onto a card.  When I first saw this one I knew I wanted to have glowing hands plus it gave me the challenge to work with the colors reflecting which was fun too.  Check it out...


This image is Dark Fairy Brittany from Simply B Stamps which is currently still available as a digi.  I love this Jude line style which has always inspired me to really get into my the coloring and this one was no exception.  I first started by coloring the whole image, keeping in mind that there was two light sources - one from the upper corner and the other would be from her hands. The shadows are probably all over the place as I experimented with the idea.


Once the image was colored then I worked on the glow in her hands.  I started with the darker YG colors and worked my way out to the lighter colors.  The glow around the hands was done first then I added the reflection on the wings, shoes, face and clothes.  Finally as an added touch, I grabbed the white gel pen and added a few more details.


I really wanted the green to stand out as much as possible so I stayed away from those colors when putting my card together.  It's not as bright as I had originally wanted but the over all effect and final result turned out better than I had thought.  Funny how that works!  LOL

I'd like to submit this into the following challenge:

10 comments:

  1. barbara this is so cool!!! i love how you did the glowing colour...you are just too talented chickie! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW!! That's a fabulous image and the colours look amazing!!
    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Barbara, wow that is stunning! Love the way you did that radiant green light from her hands! Hugs Frea

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so neat, Barbara! WOW!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well done I love this image and what you did with her....thanks for getting your glo on at SCC

    ReplyDelete
  6. You have outdone, amazing glo! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Amazing blow Barbara! You picked the perfect image for it too! Love, love love your creation!

    Betty

    ReplyDelete
  8. Adorable. Great "glow". Thanks for joining SCC.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awesome Glow... you have colored up Dark Fairy Brittany just beautifully! thanks for joining us at SCC
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  10. You did an amazing, fantastic, fabulous work on this! I love the glow you put on this card!

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to my gallery and thanks for your comments! :-D I love reading each one of them.