Monday, January 7, 2013

Saffron

This image is Saffron and I had colored a long time ago using Prismacolor Pencils on kraft paper.  I saw someone do a winter scene with the combination and loved it so I thought I'd give it a go.  Not sure about the results but at least I was able to get it on a card!!  LOL


The image is Saffron from Little Miss Muffet Stamps and I also used the Party Banner Diecut from Little Miss Mufffet Stamps in the background.  I love how versitale the diecut has been and the different looks I've been able to get out of it... I can happily say this is one design that turned out better than I expected!


For the colors, I wanted a Christmas holiday feel so I went with the green.  I really don't know if I had used a certain paper for inspiration when I colored it but I certainly didn't have anything to match when I assembled it. So I was hoping the little bit of red in the decorative paper would help tie in with the colors I used.  I think it works... if I squint.  He he he

9 comments:

  1. Fab pencil coloring, Barbara! What a great scene you created!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great card. I love your coloring and the layout.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is gorgeous, such a sweet image and your colouring is wonderful

    Hugs Sue

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Barbara, stunning colouring as usual!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love, love, love this!! Just so pretty on the kraft!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. fabulous colouring, Barbara!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You're being waaaay to hard on your self. Before I even read a word of the email I was thinking OMG that's gorgeous. Then I read it and laughed, no offense. The card is fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this christmas /winter girl-right my style

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to my gallery and thanks for your comments! :-D I love reading each one of them.