Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Crackered Elf


It's been a bummer of a day but this image gives me a little bit of a smile and thought I'd share it with ya'll.  I know, I know, it's Christmas - but hay, it's never too early to start on those holiday cards!!  And this one is almost perfect for mailing since everything (well, except the flower button) is actually flat and will therefore go through the mail easily.  Has anyone noticed the mail has it's definite "mood swings?"  I think December and January are the worst but things quickly get back to normal, as with everything else. Anyway, let's get to the happy project!!



The image is Cheeky Elves Collection from Make it Crafty and these cheeky elves are super fun to color.  This is the third one I've posted out of three and I used the same color scheme on each of them - going for the muted cheery colors. 


Rather than use papers from my holiday collection, I've gone for more of the muted manly color.  Then there is a splash of color through the reds/yellows that brings it to life.  Hopefully it says merry and cheer and will bring a smile to the recipient.  :D  Thanks for dropping by and I hope you have a great week!

6 comments:

  1. Fantastic card, Barbara! Awesome coloring and the perfect details! Hope tomorrow is a better day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. awesome barbara!! your shading is spectacular :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. How cute! The image is adorable but I especially love the way you put the elemnts around it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a fun and cute "manly" Christmas card! I need to start mine NOW too! Otherwise I wait until about December 1st and only get about 3 done and then have to buy store bought - UGH - LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just adorable. Fab design & coloring! :^)
    Hugs, Penny

    ReplyDelete
  6. This card made me smile. Such cute elves and love the colors.

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to my gallery and thanks for your comments! :-D I love reading each one of them.