Monday, March 18, 2013

Gargoyles

It's Monday and there is a new challenge over at Cupcake Craft Challenges and the theme this week is all about "Mythical Creatures."  But there's more!  Little Miss Muffet Stamps is sponsoring this week's challenge so that's a double reason to join in.  :D  So naturally I wanted to join in too and I took inspiration from one of Faye's card and came up with this one...


The stamps I used are the three gargoyles from Little Miss Muffet Stamps.. .Krill the Gargoyle , Laplem the Gargoyle and Naw the Gargoyle.  Then the butterflies and the sentiment stamp are from Whimsy and part of the Notables stamps and dies collection and the butterflies are even from that too.  The rest of the card is made up of the basics paper, glue and sewing.  :D


Here's one of the gargoyles close up so you can see how easy he was to color.  I was aiming for an old statue look as if they've been on the building for centuries ... but then the eyes with a glowing green/yellow as if they're just about to come to life!  :D  I used the Warm gray colors and dotted in texture from the darkest color to the lightest.  By time I got up to W1 then I just colored in the rest.  Then I used YG91 to add some green moss color in random areas.


I'd like to enter this into the following challenges:

ABC Challenges - J for Just as you Like it
Oozak March Challenge - Anything Goes



My daughter also has a card to share!  This one uses another label stamp from Whimsy and then she added a heart-shaped pocket for candy - sounds like a yummy card to me!  The form stars were taped on and this one she lovingly gave to her teacher.  She's so sweat!  (Um.... both my daughter and her teacher!)

9 comments:

  1. Lol at me inspiring you! Fab card, the gargoyles are coloured to perfection. Love Junior's piece too. X

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my! Those guys are spooky but I love them! The eyes are fabulous! Love the design of your card and I love your daughter's too. I especially love the pretty colored stars! Thanks for sharing this with my Shades of Green March Challenge at Sandy's Crafty Creations!
    ~sandy
    visit my blog @ sandy's crafty creations

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely stunning. Love these gargoyles. So unusual but lovely. You might inspire me to try colouring.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Barbara; your cards always awe me! I LOVE YOUR COLOURING and you have impressed yet again!

    Thanks for joining us this month at One Crazy Stamper!

    Hugs;
    Shari G,

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute card, great coloring. Thanks for joining us at ABC for our challenge
    hugs Louise

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Barbara! Great card, this little gargoyle is not to be messed with... so beautifully coloured! It's great you could spnsor Cupcake this week, thanks for taking part in my challenge too! Shelly x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such fantastic creations! Your daughter is so creative with adding the little pocket for a candy. Who wouldn't like to receive a card like that! Love it!
    Thanks so much for sharing these at ABC!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fantastic card Barbara and brilliant colouring too, really makes the images pop! Sweet card from your daughter too, best keep an eye on your craft stash! :) Donna ♥ x

    PS: Great to see you joining in with us at Cupcake this week and thank you for the fab image I got to play with :) Donna ♥ x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fab card, thanks for playing along with Oozak's spring challenge!

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to my gallery and thanks for your comments! :-D I love reading each one of them.