Sunday, March 17, 2013

Good Luck

Happy St. Patrick's Day!!  I love March and couldn't resist sharing a lucky card for today using Good Luck from Little Miss Muffet Stamps and drawn by Pollycraft!  I love how this cutie is holding a giant four-leaf clover - something I always wished for when I was that age.  :D  Have you ever found a four-leaf clover?  My friends actually have, but I never found one.


This card was pretty easy to put together and I even had some green zipper ribbon that I wanted to use.  So the colors for the girl came from the papers and then the green zipper, clover and grass pull in the green elements.  I've seen some adorable all-green cards today but I was going for an all-purpose spring card.


At last minute I decided to add the grass - even after all the sewing was done.  But since the thread was dark I thought I could easily get away with it.  :D  I used various greens then came back in with flowers using the same yellows and pinks that are in the girls dress.  Then I added some white gel pen strokes and dots to brighten it up.


Isn't she adorable?  Reminds me of my own little girls especially with the boots.  LOL  In fact, they're outside playing today which sounds like a wonderful idea.  So I hope you've enjoyed this Good Luck inspiration and always a huge thank you for your comments.  *Hugs

I'd like to enter this into the following challenges:

Pattie's Creations Design Challenge #63 - Green for St. Patrick's Day
Just Add Ink Challenge #157 - Just Add Green

13 comments:

  1. She is just the sweetest! Great card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic card, Barbara! Love the zipper ribbon and felt sun! Fab coloring and stitching! It's such a happy card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Barbara, this is a GORGEOUS card!! How awesome is that zipper ribbon? You have coloured the sweet image beautifully, and I just love all the cute details you've included on your card. Thanks for playing along with us at Just Add Ink this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Barbara, these are absolutely gorgeous. I love the zipper on the first card.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a cute card and I just love the way you've used that zipper!

    Thanks for playing at Just Add Ink this week.

    Trish
    JAI Design Team

    ReplyDelete
  6. So darling. I think anyone would love to get a card like this. Thanks for joining us for challenge #14 at The Crafter's Cafe Challenge Blog. See you again soon! Hugs~Patti

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh she is just adorable! Great card Barbara and love the elements you have added. Thanks for playing at Just Add Ink.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this card, wonderfully precious, thanks for joining us at the Crafters Cafe Challenge Blog

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just feel in love with the zipper ribbon on this card. Beautiful coloring! Wonderful composition and perfect execution! Thanks for playing with us this week at Crafter's Cafe Challenge Blog!
    Hugz,
    Chana

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the zipper! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Just Add Ink this week.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such an adorable card, love the cute image and detail especially the zipper ribbon, thank you for joining us at Crafter's Cafe Challenge Blog

    Hugs Alex

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is lovely!! Love the zipper! So glad you shared with us this month at The Crafter's Cafe Challenge Blog! Hope to see you again soon!
    Hugs,
    Karen C

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to my gallery and thanks for your comments! :-D I love reading each one of them.