Friday, March 15, 2013

Jackie and the Egyptian Pyramids

Come join the celebration with a combined release!!  Make it Crafty and Tiddly Inks have joined together to bring you an Egyptian theme!!  Everyone has done a fabulous job with their projects and you don't want to miss out on the games with lots of prizes too.  You have arrived on Day 2 of the hop and for all the details on the hop visit the main site HERE.  But before you go, check out this project...


For my project I merged together Jackie and Jackal from Tiddly Inks with the Egyptian Pyramids in the background from Make it Crafty.  I brought Jackie up into the foreground because I really wanted to focus on her and get some details colored in her face.  Then I also wanted to do something different in the background and settled on a pink sky instead of the traditional blue.



For the card I didn't want to add too much to distract from the main image so I found a good decorative paper that worked out to take the place of embellishments.  Then I added a clock face to fill in an empty space and some ribbon to complete it.  Oh, and yes, I had to use the sewing machine around the border too.  ;D  Here's the image up close...


Thanks for dropping by and I hope you've enjoyed my project!  If you haven't already you'll want to be sure to hop around and check out what everyone else has created too!  Remember, this is Day 2 of the hop and for all the details on the hop visit the main site HERE.  See ya later!

36 comments:

  1. You´ve done a wonderful job on this Barbara, it´s really gorgeous and as always your coloring is soooperfect.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW!! This is stunning. Such gorgeous images and your colouring is wonderful - as always!
    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very beautiful card!
    Pam
    scrap-n-sewgranny.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just beautiful, Barbara! Love the design, the way you merged your images, and your coloring! :^)
    Hugs, Penny

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous Barbara.. Love your coloring. The image looks stunning...

    Hugs
    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fantastic scene, Barbara! Awesome coloring of the main image and background! The clock is a terrific addition!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lots of detail. Very nice card.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous! I love the pink sky. Great scene!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is just gorgeous. I'm seriously impressed with the layout of your scene. Amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is beautiful - truly lovely in coloring and design.
    Hugs,
    Jodi

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful card. Love your layout and details. wow.

    ReplyDelete
  12. WOW, so outstanding!! Love it so much
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love this...very lovely! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Aww, so beautiful! Gorgeous colouring:)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hiyah barbara!
    ooooh my gosh!!I LOVE this!! and that quote from Tolkien quote is one of my favs...need to read the whole poem now!!!
    Huge hugs Lou xxx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Totally gorgeous, Barbara! I love how you have coloured Jackie and your pink sky is fantastic! Perfect layout too:)! BIG hugs Delphine xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Fantastic card, I love the sentiment too, goes really well with your images too :) Just beautiful!

    Tanya xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Beautiful job, your coloring is fantastic! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Barbara, your card is nothing short of amazing! I love, love, love the background and Jackie's placement on your card! Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  20. You created a wonderful sunset.
    Great colouring too

    ReplyDelete
  21. Lovely and unique card! Awesome pink sky! TFS God bless!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Beautifully done! I am enjoying this hop.

    ReplyDelete
  23. wonderful composition... I love the color of the sky!!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Wow, gorgeous colouring and such amazing designs. Beautiful :)xxx

    ReplyDelete
  25. WOW!!! Gorgeous coloring of these images and backgrounds. This is such a fun hop!

    Laura C.
    http://outinthecraftshed.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  26. amazing card, loving the hop

    ReplyDelete
  27. Lovely card Barbara. Thank you for sharing in the blog hop

    ReplyDelete
  28. Beautiful!! I love the background and image.. your coloring is just awesome!!!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Amazing colouring, and I love the soft pastel look.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Amazing job you did merging the images, what a fabulous scene! :)

    ReplyDelete
  31. First time here and I love your projects!! The pink sky is nice and subtle and goes well with everything else.

    Carmen L

    ReplyDelete
  32. loved the demision your card is feeling, it's amazing

    ReplyDelete
  33. Such an amazing job! Love your work!

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to my gallery and thanks for your comments! :-D I love reading each one of them.