Saturday, April 6, 2013

Betty Dorm Mouse Tea Party

Today is the third and final day of the combined release with Simply B Stamps and Little Miss Muffet Stamps and we have lots more inspiration and games for today!  If you're just joining in on the celebration be sure to check out the details at the LMMS Blog or SBS Blog which is also where the two games will be hosted today - Guess Who (at SBS) and a Scavenger Hunt (at LMMS).  My project is in the Scavenger Hunt and I was in charge of all the clues too.  :D 

(Create your own at http://www.festisite.com/)

I thought about a Rubus, like the example about, but I took the easy route and gave you picture clues!  You can start the game HERE with instructions on how to leave your Scavenger Hunt answers on the LMMS Blog and you have until Wednesday, April 10th to participate.


As you already know, this release as many images!  So for this card, I used elements from the following combination packs to create this scene.


There are so many combinations with the Tea Party elements and I love what I've seen from the DT and Guests.  They've done a fantastic job and very creative too!  I experiments with stacking the tea cups in several different configurations and yesterday I saw one with the saucer plates that was adorable - wish I had throught of that one!  LOL  However, this is what I was able to come up with and even merged one of the Skull and Crossbones onto a cup for that Simply Betty twisted touch.  :D


If you read my tip from yesterday, you'll also notice the shadows on this project too.  The ones cast by the sugar cubes is from the Copic BV20 marker so that will give you an idea of how light the color is so it won't be so scary to use.  It's easy to blend out if you don't like it too.  ;D  Then the darker shadows are from BV23.

Thanks for coming by today and we hope you've enjoyed all the inspiration this week!  You can find all the new images in the What's New section at Little Miss Muffet Stamps or in the New Items at Simply B Stamps.  These Tea Party elements are priced just right and the combo packs are even offered at 75 to 85% off!  So pick them up while you can then show us what you create in the "Anything Goes" challenge at LMMS.  :D   Cheers!

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful, Barbara! Love the pretty papers & colors you chose! Love the darling scene you set up as well as your wonderful coloring! And I just had to get the tea party combo, lol! Too much fun to play with, I'm sure! :^)
    Hugs, Penny

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous card Barbara, love the colours and your colouring is amazing :) Donna ♥ x

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG this is just amazing... I love how you shadow your objects... have just got to work on that...
    was wonderful working with you
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's absolutly fantastic. I love images and colours.
    Nathalie

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to my gallery and thanks for your comments! :-D I love reading each one of them.