Friday, April 5, 2013

Betty in Wonderland Tea Party

Welcome back to the Mad Tea Party Release with Simply B Stamps and Little Miss Muffet Stamps!  If you're just joining in on the celebration we have a 3-day event with games, sales/discounts, prizes, a freebie, a blog hop, tutorials and lots of inspiration!  This is one event that you don't want to miss out on!  :D  Check out all the details at the LMMS Blog or SBS Blog.  This is Day 2 and today we're sharing tips, tutorials and inspirational cards.


My project today combines images from both companies to create a generic Birthday card.  Along with chipboard from Make it Crafty, buttons/flowers from Stampin' Up and a zipper from my local craft store, here are the elements I merged together to create this image ...



My tip I wanted to share today was about casting shadows.  I'm starting to get more brave when coloring in shadows and I think it's something you can do to... the hardest part is taking the first plunge!  On this image here I've used Copic color BV23 and sometimes I'll use BV25 if I don't think the shadows is showing up.  However, you can start out with BV20.  When applying shadows I try to remember when my light source is coming from then I draw the shadow (no blending needed) where needed.  This is done after I've colored my entire project.  The purple-gray color seems to overlay on other colors well without standing out too much.


That's my inspiration and tip for today and I hope it was helpful and inspiring.  :D  Next you can head back over to the the LMMS Blog or SBS Blog and check out the other gal's fabulous creations!  Thanks for coming by today and I hope you'll take the plunge and try shadows on your next project!  :D 

12 comments:

  1. Awesome shadows Barbara. Fabulous card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely adorable! LOVE the image and the coloring is amazing but the zipper is what sets this card apart. Great job!
    ~Deb~
    CDAC DT Member
    A Look Through My Eyes

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome card with fab colouring, Barbara...love your shaowing tip...will give it a try!
    xxx Margreet

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW, I notice the shadowing right away. Awesome job, it is scary but I think I will give it a try
    Hugs
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stunning creation! Love your coloring! hugs Lotta

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card and such fab colouring. Thank you for all the fab images to play with :) Donna ♥ x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh wow Barbara your card is just divine! I LOVE the colours and the images you've combined, reminds me of an old haunted castle! You colouring is ace, and the shadows are super dupe! xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, my, Barbara! Another beautifully-merged and colored image! Love this! Your cast shadows are fab--I never think to use the BV's for this, but it looks great! Love your design, papers, and embellies, (especially the zipper!) too! :^)
    Hugs, Penny

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is awesome. I love the colors you chose. The zipper is really clever.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow this card is just awesome Barbara, the colours are just superb!! Really had fun on this release, thank you!! Karenxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow.. Fantastic coloring!! I love the zipper too!! Fantastic!!

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to my gallery and thanks for your comments! :-D I love reading each one of them.