Monday, April 29, 2013

Clover Butterfly Wishes

Come join Little Miss Muffet Stamps on FaceBook where we have a special color challenge!  The theme is to use bold and bright papers for your project since that's one of my troublesome areas.  I've been doing much better about using the primary colors in the images, however, those "loud" papers still cause anxieties.  LOL  So pick out your favorite LMMS and show us what you can do with "Bold & Bright" papers!


This is my project using Clover Butterfly Wishes from Little Miss Muffet Stamps and drawn by Pollycraft.  I've also used the Royal Decree sentiment stamp, also from LMMS, and thought it worked well with the faerie theme. 


The papers I used have been in my stash for a long time and I always skip over them.  The patterns are wild and busy so when I combine them together they're even louder and chaotic.  However, this was the challenge for me so I tried to calm it down with some solid colors ... but not too much, otherwise that would be too easy!  Even my camera was having problems that day!  (Ha, actually that's my lighting but it's fun to blame it on the colors.  he he he)  So how do you think I did?  I'm certainly going to try it again... but after I calm down a bit.  ;D

3 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card, Barbara! The papers are perfect and I love the little scroll.

    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I think you did great, Barbara! Just the right combo of color, pattern, and design! Love the image, the cute sentiment, your superb coloring, the stitching and embellies! :^)
    Hugs, Penny

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to my gallery and thanks for your comments! :-D I love reading each one of them.