Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Melody

I have a little twist on the theme for this week at Make it Crafty. The theme is Wonderland and I’ve taken two images that normally wouldn't be paired together and used them on the same project! I figured this could be one of the times Alice went to Wonderland and ate something to make her small which resulted in her finding these lost goggles. I could happen right? Anything can happen in Wonderland. LOL


The images I used on this project are the Steampunk Goggles digi stamp, Melody rubber stamp and also the Ornate Corners Two chipboard, all from Make it Crafty.


The goggles in the background was a digi I printed off and colored long ago and the girl in the front is a rubber stamps that I’ve been wanting to color for a long time. So old meets new, Steam-punk meets retro and everything else in between. The papers and embellishments were selected at random but the large ticket tag was added as the last minute to help the foreground image stand out more.


Here’s a close up of Melody and I had a little fun coloring her face with a button-nose. I’ve struggled with how to color the noses on this style girl but I think I’ve figured out something I’m happy with. I’ll try it again on the next one and see if it turns out just as cute. :D Thanks for coming by and checking out my project – hope you’ve like it and that it’s given you some ideas on your next craft day!

4 comments:

  1. Barbara, I just love this image and what you have done with it is amazing, including the adorable button nose. What perfect colors and layout. The ticket behind her is awesome. I love this card. This is a must have for me. Thank you for sharing her. Hugs, Cathy K

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Barbara, love her face. You got so much depth out of her nose and cheeks. Would love a mini tutorial on how you got that button nose. Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Barbara, this is stunning, the colouring is awesome and the concept is WOW! Yes it could happen!

    Cheers,
    Kasey

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your coloring always amazes me, Barbara! So fantastic! Love the wonderful design on this--that ticket was the perfect touch for the foreground; love the papers and all the great embellies you added, too! :^)
    Hugs, Penny

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to my gallery and thanks for your comments! :-D I love reading each one of them.