Thursday, May 16, 2013

BBQ Chester

It's another challenge day at Little Miss Muffet Stamps and this fortnight we're challenging you to use the colors Kraft, Red and White!  Make sure you head on over to the LMMS Challenge blog to check out all the other DT creations - they're fabulous!!  For my project, I decided to take this opportunity to try coloring with Copic markers on Kraft paper and this is what I ended up with...
 

I used BBQ Chester from Little Miss Muffet Stamps drawn by Pollycraft.  In the background I also used the accessory chef hat that comes with this stamp to create a custom background paper suited for the theme.  :D  The butterfly is chipboard embellishment from Make it Crafty and the tag is a diecut from Stampin' Up (I think.)


Here's a close up of Chester.  I loved how his skin color turned out, however, I would have like to have the white more... well, white!  LOL  Maybe next time I'll try paper piecing and see how that works. 


It's raining outside this evening here in Texas which got me to wonder, how many different ways there are to describe rain. I've heard that Eskimos have an unusually large number of words for snow (see HERE for a good chuckle.)  However, is it true for rain too?  I've found a few sites that will list some by my favorite so far is one from BBC News titled "Fifty Words for Rain."  Out of that one... my favorite, and most fitting for the weather outside is ... "Raining Stair-rods: Any garden furniture not taken indoors floats away. Reporters on 24-hour news channels began using words torrential and holding their hands out with their palms upturned."  So in other words, I need to hurry up and click on "Publish" before I loose power for the night!  LOL

10 comments:

  1. Offer! You can colour on anything! You can go off peeps, you know! X

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a fun card :)
    Chester looks fab on kraft, your colouring is superb.
    Hope you didn't lose power, I heard that Texas has been hit by tornadoes, hope you're ok.
    Jo xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is delightful Barbara. Love this totally cute card, great colouring on Kraft. Thank you for having me as a Guest Designer.

    Hugs
    Cathy
    xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great card Barbara, love your colouring on kraft xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fantastic card, Barbara! Love the chef hat background and cute Chester! Fab coloring on Kraft!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great job of coloring on the Kraft! It really pops against the red and white background! Love the ribbon, design & dragonfly! :^)
    Hugs, Penny

    ReplyDelete
  7. #heiscute Just a darling and I like that you colored on Kraft. Fab ribbon too~

    ReplyDelete
  8. So funny card. I love BBQ Chester.
    Nathalie

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to my gallery and thanks for your comments! :-D I love reading each one of them.