Friday, May 31, 2013

Cheery Santa

One thing I love about the rubber stamps is their diversity and easy of use on the paper.  I've never had success printing digital images on kraft paper so you'll always see me default to a rubber stamp for this technique.  For this project, I used Cheery Santa and colored him using my Prismacolor Pencils.  This is a love-hate technique for me so I don't do it very often, but when I do, I always enjoy the bright whites and solid colors.



I think even with the Prismacolor pencils, I tend to color from dark to light.  However, on this project, I had many trouble areas - you might night think so, but that's because I've fussed over it enough to make it passable.  My last and final resort was to use a blending stub with various types of oils until I found one that worked.  Unfortunately, I'll have to repeat the process as I didn't make any notes and can't remember what worked best.  But fortunately for you, that means I'll be coloring on kraft again!  LOL


Make it Crafty Images:

6 comments:

  1. Stunning job done here BArbara, and I just LOVE your Santa here. And your coloring looks absolutely perfect to me, and it looks really awesome on the kraftpaper here. I love everything you´ve done here, just awesome work hun.
    Have a wonderful week-end everyone and lots of fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Barbara this is adorable! Love the image. I'm not very efficient at kraft stock coloring and tend to spend way to much time on it when I do but I always love the end result. Yours is amazing!
    ~Deb~
    CDAC DT Member
    A Look Through My Eyes

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card, Barbara! Fantastic coloring on Kraft!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So, so, cute is your Santa. You always do such a perfect job on your coloring, and I know how hard it is to color with red! Great work. It is a joy to see your blog each time. Blessings to you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this card. It's old fashioned looking with the Kraft card stock. There's something so perfect when you combine Kraft with prismacolors.

    ReplyDelete
  6. fabulous, Barbara, as always!

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to my gallery and thanks for your comments! :-D I love reading each one of them.