Saturday, June 8, 2013

Cynthia

Some of the cups we have for the kiddos to drink from are double lined with water in between the two layers.  The cups are clear so you can see through it and each of them has things floating in the water with a theme to it.  For example, the Valentine cups have red plastic hearts with thick round confetti floating in the water; and on the outside is a cute bear with a Valentine sentiment. So how is this related to crafting?  Oh, yeah... one of the cups, with a winter theme, actually split around the rim and the two layers separated.  Which means that's the end of that cup and time to toss it in "File 13!"  But wait... all those plastic snowflakes going to waste?  Never!  And thus... the inspiration of my next card was born...


On this project I used the rubber stamp Cynthia from Make it Crafty. She is part of the 60's Girlfriend Collection and even though she's a spring/summer theme, I thought those flowers were be perfect for Christmas!  And yes, I know they're blue - but that was my fault as I got carried away with the red dress before realizing that poinsettias are red.  Oops!  I couldn't do red anymore so went with the next color to match the papers.  LOL


Here's a closeup of Cynthia.  As a lesson... I colored this on sparkling paper and had the hardest time getting to the colors to blend.  I thought for sure it was the paper... until I realized that my markers are getting dry!  I should have paused to refill them, but by time I knew what the problem was, I was mentally finished with the coloring.  Ah, well, better luck for me next time.  (Assuming I've refilled my markers by then!  LOL)


Thanks for coming by today and I hope you've enjoyed this Christmas inspired project!  Head on over to the Make it Crafty Store Blog for more inspiration using fabulous stamps and great tutorials too!

Make it Crafty Images:

I'd like to enter this into the following Christmas themed challenges:

Crimbo Crackers Challenge #43 (Read the 1st Paragraph for a Laugh)
Christmas Card Challenge #27

 Update: I was selected in the Top 3 at ABC Christmas Challenge!

5 comments:

  1. I think your coloring is fabulous, as always, Barbara! Love the design, papers, colors, stitching, and cute snowflakes--great recycle, btw! :^)
    Hugs, Penny

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great way to re-use stuff, so very creative! Beautiful card, thanks for joining us at ABC Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful image and fabulous recycling skills!!
    Thanks for joining us at CCC!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great story and its just what I'd do too! Thank you for joining in at Crimbo Crackers – hope you can join me again for the next challenge! Crimbo Crackers

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to my gallery and thanks for your comments! :-D I love reading each one of them.