Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Daisy Kate Hatter

It's happening! Yes, happening for sure!!  Today is the last day my kiddos go to school full day - yikes!  Tomorrow they have a half day then the rest of the summer free!  I'm both excited and anxious. :D  I'm looking forward to all the fun things we get to do this summer but at the same time, that means the kids will be home all day.  LOL  If I can figure out how we can all have a turn at the computer then I think we'll be set.  ;D


Here's a project I wanted to share using Daisy Kate Hatter from Little Miss Muffet Stamps.  I've gone with a shabby chic vintage feel fort his one and it reminds me of a perfect attic to explore!

I'd like to enter this into the following "shabby chic" themed challenges:



Here's a closeup of the hat as I like how the texture came out.  I started with a darker color and colored in hash patterns around the edges where it would be the darkest.  Then I ignored them and colored the hat like I normally would, starting with the dark colors and blending my way to the lighter colors.  Because the paper I was using grabs a hold of the darker colors, it allowed the texture to stay there just slightly enough to create an awesome effect.  I wasn't sure if it would work but it was worth a try.  :D

10 comments:

  1. What a great card. I love the image.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute card with lots of fun elements and texturews! I really think your colorized girl is beautifully done and coordinates so well with your other embellishments. Love the cheesecloth behind her! Love the zipper stretched across your card. Love the little bubbles, too. Thanks for sharing your card with us at Simon Says Stamp and Show. <3 Candy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Fab card, Barbara! Love the color combo and all the great details! Fantastic coloring of Daisy Kate Hatter!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely card Barbara. I really struggle with shabby chic but admire those that can pull it off. Love the effect of the cheesecloth. As regards your comment re computer. Mine has "parental controls" on it that allow you to set the amount of time each user can go on there. I blocked each child off certain times so that they couldn't hog it all day. At a specific time (after a warning) the computer logs them off. Worked a treat!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Whoah... that sounds like the perfect solution! Thank Suze - I'm going to have to dig into my computer settings and see if I can get those to work. ;D

      Delete
  5. Lovely card, adorable image and I love the mesh type material you have added as the backdrop. Love the zipper too which adds so much dimension and texture and a lovely quirky touch to,your piece. Love the pop of orange. Thanks so much for joining in the Simon Says Stamp and Show Challenge. Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Barbara, I love your card--fantastic shabby-chic design! Love all the fun embellies you used, love the papers & distressing, and really love that beautifully-colored image! :^)
    Hugs, Penny

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for joining us this week at Whoopsi Daisy with such a lovely card. Hope to see you next week. Hugs Christine x

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so cute. Love the coloring. Thanks for joining us at Whoopsi Daisy this week.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a cute girly card! Love the image and all pretty embellishments!
    Thank you for sharing it with us at Card Mania Challenge and Good Luck!
    Smiles, Kaly

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to my gallery and thanks for your comments! :-D I love reading each one of them.