Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Elle

Meet Elle... cute, adorable and chubby!  But watch out, even though she looks innocent, she's a bit mischevious too.  ;D   I thought she would be a fun image to use with my new metal die that has been sitting on my shelf unused... the pinwheel.  I know it's such a simple shape but I must day it was nice to have it all cut out and ready to fold with no fuss.  Plus it has all the rounded corners and required holes - bottom line, it's convenient!  LOL


The pinwheels were so much fun that my daughter wanted me to cut some out for her too.  I don't remember how many I ran through the dicutting press, but I do remember I had to help fold everyone one!  She wanted them to be perfect and stressed over it too much.  So I worked out a deal that she would get them all started and I would put the brad through the center.  I'm an expert now.  LOL


The image I used is Elle from Little Miss Muffet Stamps.  She was colored first then I selected papers to match - however, it was that difficult as pink is always an easy color to match in my house.  ;D This wasa  fun image to practice coloring skin tones and I tried out a new combination: E53, E51, E21, E34, E00, E000 and E0000 with a little R11 for blush. 


I'd like to enter this into the following Sketch & Die Cut themed challenges:

11 comments:

  1. A beautiful card, well designed, love the colours. Thanks for joining us at Country View Challenges this month. To remain in the challenge you do need to mention what the actual challenge is this month. Thanks. Chris xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a darling baby; love the way you colored her! And the design is just over-the-top fabulous! Great DP & colors, and now I have to get the pinwheel die, too--drat, I was trying to avoid that. But how can you when it turns out so darn cute! You are an enabler. ;^)
    Hugs, Penny

    ReplyDelete
  3. a fantastic card & such a cute image... love the papers & the pinwheels... I made one recently but mine woz cut by hand from a printed stencil lol I so wish I had the die hehehehe... nice to see ya daughter following in Mum's footsteps ;)

    Thanx for joining in with us over at Sketch N Stash... good luck :)

    hugz Angie xXx

    ReplyDelete
  4. such a lovely card I really like the image and the pinwheels look fab. Thank you for joining in the fun with us at Sketch n Stash xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well how cute is this card? Thanks for sharing your work at Melonheadz challenge die cuts this time - please come again - we love viewing your creations - Gail DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a lovey and sweet card. Thanks for joining us at a Die for a Sketch. Hope to see you next time too, Ilonka DT:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a lovely card! Thanks for joining us at a Die for a Sketch!
    Hugs,
    Marjoleine

    ReplyDelete
  8. It looks fantastic, sweetie! Thanks so much for joining us at Sketch N Stash!
    Hugs, Ally

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous card Barbara...those pinwheels are a nice touch...love your colouring and ruler papers too...thanks for entering at Melonheadz Friends!
    xxx Margreet

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you for joining our challenge over at A die for A Sketch. I found it hard te recognize the sketch but I think you did it.... Love the image and pinwheels, aren't they fun!

    Hugs Marjolein
    DT A Die for A Sketch

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your creations is fabolous, i love the sweet image you have used. The baby is perfect, also your take on the Sketch.
    The Pinwheels are very sweet too, can believe in your daughter like them :)
    Thank you so much for joining us at the A DIE FOR A SKETCH CHALLENGE, this time. Have fun and enjoy our challenge. We love to see you again ;)

    Hugs
    Dunja xo

    Do you love to join my GIVEAWAY

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to my gallery and thanks for your comments! :-D I love reading each one of them.