Sunday, July 7, 2013

Pipi Faye

I had a totally different project that I was going to share with you today but the excitement in the MiC FB group of a new challenge was just too tempting to pass up!  The challenge we sent out by Melanie who chose these two images then stipulated it was a no lines challenge.  Gasp!  I struggle with no lines because I have to think differently about my coloring - imagine that.  LOL  But that's what is so much fun about a true challenge which allows me to challenge my own personal style, my own skills and so on.  SO to make the long story short.... I accepted!  LOL



I thought I was finished then I remembered the currently monthly MiC challenge which was all about dew drops.  Jennifer has a fantastic tutorial (http://www.makeitcrafty.com/store-blog/techniques/moon-drops-water-drops-tutorial) on this blog about dew drops so I thought I'd add that into the mix - why not, right?  The tutorial was easy enough to follow but then after I was finished I realized the stark black lines of the dew drops were standing out like a sore thumb against the no-lines coloring.  Yikes!  Oh well, live and learn.




The images are from the new Whimsical collection that was just released which are absolutely adorable!  This is a merge of Pipi Faye and Whimsical Flowers background.   I had reversed Pipi Faye then zoomed in on the two so I didn't have to color so much.  The image was colored with Copic markers then when the paper wouldn't accept anymore ink (i.e. it just kept pushing it around and there wasn't any more blending to be done) then I dragged out my Prismacolor Pencils and tried to finish it off.


The last thing I did was follow in the footsteps of Daria (http://daria-pn.blogspot.com/) and add the white pearls in the hair.  :D  I love getting inspiration from everyone and I hope this has bit of an inspiration to you as well.  Thanks for coming by and have a great weekend!

Make it Crafty Images:

4 comments:

  1. Just stunning!! Fabulous dew drops, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous colouring, thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, this is wonderful. Your coloring is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Barbara this is stunning. I am also doing this challenge but I am so new with Copics that mine isn't coming out nearly as well as yours.

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to my gallery and thanks for your comments! :-D I love reading each one of them.