Saturday, July 6, 2013

Polka Dot Pals Toby

I'm a bit slow on putting this project together for the Friday Freebie but I finally finished it and still wanted to show off how fun the Confetti Background is!  This is what I had in mind for when I created it... giant streams of ribbon in the background.  LOL  But it's also great scaled down for a background or all on it's own like how Mette did.  Anyway, here's what I made...


On this project I've used the Confetti Background, Polka Dot Pals Toby and the Party Banner Metal Die all from Little Miss Muffet Stamps. I actually colored the image first and knew I wanted to go with a superman cape which means I'd be using bright blues and reds... so naturally, the primary colors came to mind with a bit of green to tone it down.  I was lucky enough to find paper that matched!  Seriously lucky... since I don't have a lot of bright papers around.


The the rest of the card was put together grabbing things from my desk... some tape-measure ribbon, a clasp, a ticket, and then finally some letter.  I had to hold my breath as I counted out the banners to make sure I had enough ... and yep, it's perfect!


I'd like to enter this into the following challenges:

SweetPea Stamps Challenge #1 - for the men/boys
Totally Paper Crafts Challenge #174 - let's hear it for the boys

9 comments:

  1. thanks for joining in this week at the Crafty Ribbons challenge
    Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic coloring and I also like the papers you used!
    Thank you for joining us at Sweet Pea Stampers!

    Alica ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely bright and cheery card you have made. Any little boy would love to receive it. Thanks for taking part in the Sweet Pea Stampers Challenge this month of “for the men/boys” and best of luck. We hope to see you back again very soon. Best wishes, Kym, Sweet Pea Stampers Design Team xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fab fun image and papers
    Thanks for joining us at LCI this month
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, your card is adorable :) I love your colors.
    Thanks for joining us at SweetPea Stampers challenge.
    Hugs
    Agnes

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card - thanks for entering the Sweet Pea Stampers 'for the mne/boys' challenge x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great Boys card. Thank you for joining us at Sweet Pea Stampers

    ReplyDelete
  8. Barbara, This is fantastic! Love your coloring. I'm just so happy that you chose to play in our "For the Men/Boys" challenge this week at Sweet Pea Stampers. Good luck.
    NanaConnie DT

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great work! Thanks for joining us at hanna & friends!

    Hugs Jasmin

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to my gallery and thanks for your comments! :-D I love reading each one of them.