Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Fancy Sunbonnet Beach

I've been asked to be a challenge guest at Bastel-Traum Challenges today and they have a fun color challenge up for the week!  The colors you'll see below but are mainly green, yellow and purple.  I've chosen to use Fancy Sunbonnet Beach and go with a summer theme to my card...





I will have to admit that sometimes when creating for a color challenge, I tend to forget some of the colors and this one is no exception.  So instead of purple, I had used teal when I colored!  Oops!  But with the help of Photoshop I was able to correct the main image to showcase for the challenge and all is well.  Where did I get the blue?  No idea but I need to start writing these colors down instead of working from memory.  LOL




The image I used is Fancy Sunbonnet Beach rubber stamp from Little Miss Muffet Stamps and was drawn by Bugaboo.  I love how she's carrying her beach bucket and ready for a day of fun!

Lucky for me, the rest of the colors I used were matching. The card was put together with odds and ends from my stash and I tried to keep with a nautical/beach feel to it.  Overall, I'm happy with how it turned out and will be pleased to share this with a friend.  :D  Thank you Bastel-Traum for having me as a guest!!

4 comments:

  1. Hi Barbara, you are welcome :)... I LOVE your great work and your idea to create our icon in this colorpicture is really FANTASTIC... I must remeber it for the next time :) THANKS so much! Greetings from Switzerland/ Europe says Ute (bastel-traum.ch)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very very gorgeous card. I love colors and papers. Subonnet fancy is so cute for summer.
    Nathalie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Barbara, Thanks so much for sharing this wonderful Card with bastel-traum.ch! Have a great day, grz Tom...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well of course you've been asked to Guest! I love the colours, I know that's the point, but you've worked them really well. X

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to my gallery and thanks for your comments! :-D I love reading each one of them.