Thursday, February 21, 2013

Hatter Hat Stands & Party Banner

Today is a new challenge day at Little Miss Muffet Stamps and we're having a color theme this time around with Blues & Yellows!  I don't have a card yet to show but I did want to share something and even though this card is by far from yellow it at least has some blue!  :D  However, it's the perfect example to show that if you use anything with LMMS products then you can submit "Anything Goes!"


For this project I used Hatter Hat Stands, Hatter Hats and also the Party Banner Diecut from Little Miss Muffet Stamps.  It was easy to put together and I started out with stamping the hat stand directly on the background paper.  Then I colored and cut out the hat to pop on top and finally added two banner strands.  This is alternate take on a previous card I had done with the same elements and so easy to put together too!


I think it would be great for birthdays or if I had used red colors then it would be perfect for the Red Hat Society!  Anyway, make sure to pop on over to the LMM Challenge Blog and check out what all the ladies have created as inspiration for this round - they have yet again done a fabulous job!!  Thanks for dropping by and now I'm off to hit the sack.  :D

Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Sitting Tilda with Candy

I'm not sure if I'm ready to share this project but here goes anyway!  And some of you might want to close you're eyes for this one.  He he he  I think this image is Sitting Tilda with Candy from Magnolia which I think was part of the So Jolly Under the Mistletoe Christmas 2009 Collection.  However, those are no longer candy canes in her pocket and she is no longer the Tilda you might recognize either!


Perhaps we can now rename her to Sitting Goth Tilda with Worms!  The inspiration for this one was actually initiated over a year ago with Anneth's awesome creations.  She had posted a Goth Tilda and a Wolverine Tilda that really sparked my interest.   I have already posted my attempt at Wolverine but this one has sat on my desk unfinished since that time and I figured it was about time to just finish it.  So I colored the clothes and set her up on a card. 


The main reason she was sitting on my desk for over a year was because I wasn't happy with how the face turned out... just not Gothic enough and the features are a little out of proportion for what I was aiming for.  However, I thought it would be good to post my successes along with my failures.

On the card I used a ribbon chipboard embellishment from Make it Crafty and colored it with Prismacolored pencils.  I started out with all one color but changed my mind half way through - luckily enough I was able to build upon the colors and cover up the first layer.  Coloring them with colored pencils has been fun so when I have the time you'll see that more often.


I thought the skin tone was interesting and I might play with that a little more.  I think my Mom has a couple Tilda images that I haven't seen yet - maybe one of those will be next on my coloring list.  :D  Thanks for coming by and I hope she didn't freak you out too much.  LOL

Monday, February 18, 2013

Elizabeth J

Happy Monday Ya'll!  I wanted to pop in today and share my project on the Make it Crafty Blog for this week using Make it Crafty chippies to convert sweet Elizabeth J into a sparkling faerie!  In addition, I've taken on the extra challenge for this week and put away my Copic markers to bring out the Prismacolor Pencils for the Kraft challenge.  However, hold on, my one-up actually doesn't count since the bonus challenge *IS* to use Copics on Kraft paper!!  Yikes - maybe I need to get more sleep.  LOL  Anyway at least I have the faerie portion working out for me... and for you too  since I can still share my project!


For this challenge I selected to use Elizabeth J from Make it Crafty and add the Fluttering Wings chipboard embellishments (also from Make it Crafty) to convert this gal into a butterfly faerie.  To do this I colored my image first then used a hobby knife to cut around both her left and right side.  I was careful to stay on the outside of the line so the black line-art would still be noticeable later on.  I frequently checked with the wings to see how far I needed to cut then added an extra half-inch so I wouldn't rip the paper.  Also another helpful hint, if you are using diecuts to cut the shape around the image, make sure you do that before inserting the wings.  That way the image will be flat when going through the diecutter.


The wings were painted with acrylic paint daubers, a type of metallic white, and then set off to the side to dry until I had finished the rest of the project.  Once the wings were dry, I inserted them into the side slits (that were cut from before) and then taped them down from the back side of the paper.  The chipboard embellishments are thin enough that it didn't cause any problems when I layered it onto the scalloped oval but that's still something you'll want to watch out for depending on where they are in relation to the edges.  But not to worry - nothing that a lot of glue can't handle so you'll be fine!  LOL



Lastly I have another project from my crafty daughter who also wanted to use the Fluttering Wings chipboard embellishments on her project.  By placing the wings off to the side of the sticker, her project came together much quicker than mine.  Which gave her plenty of time to convince me that she could use the sewing machine!  She's been getting better and better with the sewing after making a small quilt and a doll blanket with Grandma.  :D


Thanks for checking out my project and I hope this has given you some inspiration to play along with us this week!  Also make sure you visit the Make it Crafty Blog and check out everyone's projects - you're going to love them!!