Friday, May 31, 2013

Dancing Party Tilda

Yeah!  I'm so excited and wanted to share the news that I passed my courses this last semester!!  I thought for sure one of them was no good and I'd have to take it over again, but I was taken by surprise on the very last day - and oh what a surprise it was too!  It's lifted me up out of my funk and I'm looking forward to what this summer has in store for me.  :D  And somehow all that reminds me of this project that I'm sharing with you today - I suppose it's because Tilda is tossing up her arms and looks like she's celebrating too!


Have you ever wondered what a clothed female centaur would look like?  I image something like this.  After all, they don't all have to be naked.  I understand this project might not be for the week of heart but I love how it turned out.  This is a Magnolia project and these are the stamps (below) I used to create it using the same techniques as my last project (click HERE).  The rest of the card was kept simple and embellishment free.

Dancing Party Tilda
Tilda's Brunte Horse
Spring Fence


To create the scene, Tilda's Brunte Horse was inked up half way and stamped on the page and masked.  Then the Spring Fence with the daffodils was stamped behind it.  Dancing Party Tilda was stamped on a separate sheet of paper and then cut out so she could be popped on the project with foam dots.  Of course, I colored her before transferring her over.


I used a new set of greens to color her dress and now I wish I had written down the colors.  I know many of them were YG colors with some brighter yellows and I'm going to try it again sometime because I think the combination is stunning.  The background was colored with E40 through E44, first with a blend from dark to light then adding splotches.

Thanks for coming by today and I hope you have a great weekend planned!  I have some work all day Saturday then plan take a quiet rest on Sunday if possible.  ;D

I'd like to enter this into the following challenges:

Inky Chicks Challenge #5 - Use Magnolia Stamps
Fashionista Challenge #16 - Use Magnolia Stamps

Cheery Santa

One thing I love about the rubber stamps is their diversity and easy of use on the paper.  I've never had success printing digital images on kraft paper so you'll always see me default to a rubber stamp for this technique.  For this project, I used Cheery Santa and colored him using my Prismacolor Pencils.  This is a love-hate technique for me so I don't do it very often, but when I do, I always enjoy the bright whites and solid colors.



I think even with the Prismacolor pencils, I tend to color from dark to light.  However, on this project, I had many trouble areas - you might night think so, but that's because I've fussed over it enough to make it passable.  My last and final resort was to use a blending stub with various types of oils until I found one that worked.  Unfortunately, I'll have to repeat the process as I didn't make any notes and can't remember what worked best.  But fortunately for you, that means I'll be coloring on kraft again!  LOL


Make it Crafty Images:

Thursday, May 30, 2013

Gertrude Lena Hatter

Wow, what a week this has been with most of my family, including myself, harboring the flu.  I'm not quite ready for today but luckily I had my project completed a while ago so I actually have something to share.  ;D  Needless to say, there are lots of picture but not much text in this post.  :(  This is for the latest Sketch Challenge at Little Miss Muffet Stamps and you'll have to head on over to the LMMS Challenge blog to read about all the details.


The main products I used on this project are as follows:




I love how the diecut door came out on this project - it looks so inviting!  :D  Thanks for coming by today and I hope you have a wonderful week.  Hugs

Monday, May 27, 2013

Spencer's Garden

Here's a fun card that I thought would be appropriate to share today since it's a holiday and my family is home relaxing and playing in the backyard.  It's full of fun summer colors and has a simple layout too.  The stamp I used is Spencer's Garden from Little Miss Muffet Stamps and drawn by Pollycraft. 



I used two diecuts in my collection, the grass and the reverse-scalloped square; plus a little sewing around the edges and some ribbon.  I colored the image with Copic markers on Neenah paper.  Here's a close up of the image and also how I did the background with dots...


I'm starting to experiment with my color combinations and mixing up the color groups or reaching for markers that I don't use very often.  I'm pretty familiar with the entire brown and gray ranges but it's been fun to see how the other colors work out.  Thanks for coming by today and for those who are on holiday I hope you're having a wonderful time!