Wednesday, August 6, 2014

Sunbonnet Strawberry Big

Sometimes the project is all about the colors for me and how they work together so I'm pleased at how this project turned out.  I liked the combination of baby blue with pinks on this project.  :)  The stamp I used is Sunbonnet Strawberry Big rubber stamp from Little Miss Muffet Stamps. The big strawberry gave me a chance to try coloring around the seeds giving the strawberry an edge.  I was hoping the seeds would look more realistic but I think I reversed the shadow on the edge. LOL  Well, I tried and that counts.  :D




I colored this using the Marvy Le Plume markers and used my sewing machine to stitch around the card.  The pink drops are those melty plastic craft beads that I placed in the oven to melt into this shape.  Thanks to Rosemary who pointed me to a tutorial on how to do it, I was able to create a whole bunch.  It was fun and an inexpensive way to get a pile of dew drops to use.

2 comments:

  1. Your coloring and design are fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is adorable. I love those oven melty things ;)

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to my gallery and thanks for your comments! :-D I love reading each one of them.