Sunday, November 8, 2015

Elephant Story

There's always something that can be added through creative color placement that it's hard to resist.  The image I used on this card was Elephant Story by My Favorite Things.  At least I think that's what it's called as I can't find it online anywhere now days.  I colored in glasses and gave the elephant larger eyes. 

After I colored the image, I also colored the frame.  I started with the darkest color and added grain lines.  Then I added some more with a medium tone brown and finally colored it with a light brown. 

The dream sentiment is a portion of the Over the Rainbow chipboard sentiment from Make it Crafty.  I'll be using the top half on another project.  For this piece, I colored it pink with a Copic marker then glued on some pink and red micro beads.



4 comments:

  1. I have been collecting elephants my whole life, for that matter I am a huge book reader and wear glasses. So, I call dibbs on this adorable card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been collecting elephants my whole life, for that matter I am a huge book reader and wear glasses. So, I call dibbs on this adorable card.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is darling, like your pink elephant!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous card love your colouring!!!

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to my gallery and thanks for your comments! :-D I love reading each one of them.